The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing the payroll function for all Canadian operations and one U.S. show room, to ensure payroll is processed and delivered in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
What you will do:
* Manage and develop a team in processing high-volume payroll (over 350 hourly and salaried employees) on a weekly and semi-monthly basis
* Communicate departmental goals and objectives to payroll team
* Ensure company compliance with payroll legislation and regulations; address compliance issues
* Develop and implement standards, schedules, and guidelines for payroll processing
* Oversee the payroll accounting process, including payroll entries and balance sheet reconciliations
* Stay up to date with key payroll issues, policies and new trends in payroll systems
* Support co-workers and other internal stakeholders in finance, human r esources and information systems departments
* Post-secondary education in business accounting or finance
* 7 or more years of payroll experience, with management experience
* Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation preferred
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills
* Strong PC skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Proven leadership and decision-making skills
Pinnacle, along with our client, offers:
* Competitive wages
* Career advancement opportunities
* Exposure to the top career opportunities in Winnipeg
If you would like to be considered for this position, or know someone who would, please email a resume to Jay Myshkowsky at jmyshkowsky [at] pinnacle [dot] jobs. To learn more about this position, please call 204.926.3507, quoting job number 5180.
Great companies are built with great people who make a difference. Our passion is finding those game changers who make that difference. Pinnacle was founded on this simple principle in 2002. Our growth over the past decade is a direct result of having 25 specialized recruiters who foster long-term relationships to connect top candidates with top clients. We believe you are the basis of our success - we are Manitoba’s largest recruitment firm only because we treat every candidate like they’re our only candidate. Move your career forward with the Pinnacle team!