If you are an approachable and customer-service oriented payroll professional, here is an excellent opportunity for you! The primary responsibility of the Payroll Coordinator is ensuring accurate and timely payroll delivery to assigned business units. Additionally, the Payroll Coordinator acts as an information resource for all business units on payroll-related topics, while maintaining the highest standard of customer service.
What you will do:
* Prepare weekly and bi-weekly payroll for both union and non-union employees
* Coordinate with timekeepers in each business unit to ensure hours are recorded accurately in the time and labor software
* Ensure employees are set up correctly in the payroll system, with the appropriate recurring pay elements including vacation pay, premiums and union deductions
* Maintain accurate and complete payroll-related data fields in Oracle HR
* Balance payroll entries in Oracle HR, ensuring all audit and control procedures are adhered to
* Verify and distribute employee pay statements in a timely matter
* Issue records of employment (ROEs) when required
* Reconcile payroll entries to the general ledger
* Ensure deductions are collected, reconciled and remitted to various carriers within strict deadlines
* Act as a resource for employees and timekeepers on payroll-related issues
* Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification from Canadian Payroll Association
* 3 to 5 years of payroll experience, including yearend preparation of T4s and other tax slips
* Working knowledge of employment and labor standards legislation across multiple jurisdictions
* Experience processing multi-provincial payroll
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
* Practical knowledge of enterprise HR and payroll systems (Oracle – Payroll and Time & Labor modules preferred)
* Strong math and analytical skills
* Proven ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
If you would like to be considered for this position, or know someone who would, please email a resume to Jay Myshkowsky at jmyshkowsky [at] pinnacle [dot] jobs. To learn more about this position, please call 204.926.3507, quoting job number 5179.
Great companies are built with great people who make a difference. Our passion is finding those game changers who make that difference. Pinnacle was founded on this simple principle in 2002. Our growth over the past decade is a direct result of having 25 specialized recruiters who foster long-term relationships to connect top candidates with top clients. We believe you are the basis of our success - we are Manitoba’s largest recruitment firm only because we treat every candidate like they’re our only candidate. Move your career forward with the Pinnacle team!