Do you enjoy the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of restaurant kitchens? This Manitoba company is seeking reliable and creative line cooks with eyes for consistent, quality presentation. If you have cooking experience or training and want to continue learning in a positive and rewarding environment, apply today!
What you will do:
* Ensure all tools and equipment are clean and in proper working order
* Prepare a variety of food and dishes to order (i.e. meat, starches, soups, sauces)
* Follow health & safety procedures and first-in-first-out principle to ensure inventory is used efficiently
* Maintain a clean and tidy work station throughout shift
* Garnish dishes for optimal presentation; check each dish for accuracy before serving
* Clean and organize kitchen at end of each shift (i.e. filter fryers, label and store food)
* Stay current with menu changes and upcoming banquets and events
* Short-order cooking experience and culinary training (formal or informal)
* Food handler and WHMIS certifications, or willingness to obtain
* Ability to take direction
* Strong communication and organization skills
* Positive and detail-oriented personality
* Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
* Ability to work a variety of shifts and carry light loads
If you would like to be considered for the position of Line Cook, or know someone who might, please email your resume to Natasha Garcia at ngarcia [at] pinnacle [dot] jobs, quoting job number 5193.
Founded in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 2002, Pinnacle is Manitoba's largest recruitment firm with 25 specialized recruiters. Through Pinnacle's commitment to excellence, we connect great people with great organizations and assist you in finding rewarding and challenging positions with Manitoba's top companies. We believe that you are the basis of our success. Move your career forward with the Pinnacle team.