Job Description – Software Configuration Management Developer
Location: Winnipeg, MB, www.koresytemsgroup.com
The Software Configuration Management Developer's role is to develop build scripts and deployment procedures along with managing, integrating and enhancing source and version control.
• Work closely within development team to manage software releases and environments.
• Maintain and enhance source control.
• Automate and maintain application version control.
• Manage source code, and source code repository health.
• Create software packages.
• Participate in tool selection for release activities.
• Automate deployment of development, test and production environments.
• Collect, analyze, and report build-related metrics. Use these metrics to identify areas for process improvement and work within development team to implement improvements.
• Participate in the development and usage of post-build automated regression tests
• Collaborate with Software Developers to build and evolve a scalable continuous build, deployment, and test framework.
• Collaborate with Software Developers to produce an implementation that is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future development and maintenance (architecture is documented).
• Support a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and contributes to this culture within the group.
• Responsible for the quality of the development work and adherence to development process within areas of responsibility.
• Proactively clarifies requirements and engages stakeholders as needed.
You must have all of:
• 4+ years of managing software build and release engineering and / or software configuration management experience
• Detailed understanding of enterprise application release procedures including version control, branching, builds and production releases.
• Expert with source control systems (Subversion) including demonstrable experience with branching, merging, and tagging
• In-depth familiarity with build tools (at least one of ANT, Maven, Jenkins, MSBuilder)
• Lots of command-line Linux/Unix experience
• Experience with relational databases and web application containers
• Experience with scripting languages
You get bonus points for each of:
• Previous Telco experience
• Previous M2M experience
• Experience with Agile methods
• Experience with Continuous Delivery techniques and technologies
• Familiarity with open source testing tools
• Experience with performance analysis
• An understanding of open-source software distribution packaging (example: configure scripts)
• One or more degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development Management, or related fields