We are seeking a skilled Developer to join our fastest growing practice at our Headquarters in Winnipeg.
Why work at Online? We offer:
* Fantastic work environment, ranked as one of Canada's 50 Great Places to Work five years in a row.
* A professional development program that is second to none. Every consultant has an annual budget plus time (outside of allotted vacation) they are expected to put towards courses, conferences, exams, etc.
* The consultant's life; fast paced and challenging with exposure to a variety of industries and technologies.
* Competitive compensation, benefits and work life balance.
· Design, estimate, code and test complex programs.
· Prepare detailed specifications for programs.
· Solve existing system's logic difficulties as required.
· Interact with clients and development teams.
· Participate in multiple assignments at the same time.
· Improve and/or develop computer systems in order to meet users' needs by finding solutions, solving complex or moderately complex problems, making estimates concerning work to be done, programming, testing, debugging and documenting systems.
· Take part in all project phases to ensure project completion by co-operating with and offering advice to users, meeting deadlines and communicating status reports.
· Make sure that systems are optimal and meet the quality standards of the business area by making analyses, suggestions and developing assessments.
· Provide recommendations in order to participate in improving development and system maintenance processes.
· Create system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams and designs specific to users, application system and technical requirements.
· Perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications and scripts in collaboration with quality assurance.
· Analyze existing or proposed projects to determine their feasibility and time estimates required.
· Evaluate existing and new applications and upcoming technologies to meet user requirements.
· Keep up-to-date on new technology, applications, scripts and servers.
· 4+ years of experience in Java
· Experience with JSF, EJB, Web Services, JavaBeans, JPA / EclipseLink / TopLink
· The ability and desire to learn and be productive in new technologies quickly.
· Technical skills in another technology area, i.e. .net is desirable.
· Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware, ADF tools and SOA is very desirable.
· A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, or a related discipline or;
· Completion of a college program in computer science
Online Business Systems has been guiding clients down the road to innovative business and technology solutions since 1986. Our "Culture of Innovation" permeates each of our six North American offices. To learn more about us and our opportunities visit: www.obsglobal.com or contact/send resume to: email@example.com