March 9, 2012
103-150 Henry Ave.
15 Month Term Position -Full time April 2012-June 2013
Louis Riel Institute
Human Resources Department, 103-150 Henry Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0J7
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; housing; youth; education; human resources; economic development and natural resources.
As an affiliate of the Manitoba Metis Federation, the Louis Riel Institute (LRI) is responsible to the Metis people of Manitoba to provide programs, resources and services related to culture and education.
The Louis Riel Institute seeks to fill one 15 month term position located at the Winnipeg Home Office;
Reporting to the Assistant General Manager, the Finance Clerk will assist in maintaining financial records, establish and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems; Reconcile and monitor related general ledger accounts for accuracy; prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other materials according to established procedures; reconcile account statements; prepare adjusting entries; enter data and perform related administrative duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Related education and experience in current accounting principles
· Minimum 2 years work experience in general accounting, accounts payable/receivable is preferred
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment
· Experience performing repetitive tasks including data entry with minimal error
· Ability to analyze and reconcile accounts
· Experience working with Quickbooks or similar computerized accounting program an asset
· Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Must provide an acceptable criminal records check and Child Abuse Registry Check
How to Apply
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume.
The LRI appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please forward covering letter and resume by March 9, 2012, to the LRI Human Resources Department, 103 -150 Henry Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7, or email email@example.com or fax to (204) 984-9484.