Truss Designer – The Blueprint for a Great Career!
Do you thrive in a dynamic, service-focused and fast-paced environment? Do you want to use your design, computer skills and building material knowledge to their full potential? If so then consider this excellent opportunity.
As Truss Designer, you will be working for one of the largest operations of its kind in western Canada. With decades of combined experience, their team of experts has built its reputation providing trusses of the highest quality in Manitoba and Alberta. They ship truss systems from Ontario to Alberta and south into the central U.S.
What You Will Do
* Engineer roof and floor systems for new single family homes
* Calculate weight loads and generate accurate EWP layouts for construction
* Receive designs measuring to customer requirements, Manitoba Home Builder guidelines, Provincial and Federal regulations
* Qu ality Assure/Inspect designs
* Contact and coordinate design specifications and information requests with customers
* Provide jobsite support at the construction stage. * Continuous improvement to design process and production
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Diploma or certificate from a community college technology program technical college (structural engineer technologist) or other post-secondary education, or equivalent experience in wood design
* Strong math skills
* Proven ability to work well with others
* Exceptional organizational skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
* Own source of transportation
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience using Keymark or Mitek design software an asset
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to send your resume in confidence to Dan Lewis at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Founded in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 2001, Pinnacle is Manitoba's largest recruitment firm with 27 specialized recruiters. Through Pinnacle's commitment to excellence, we connect great people with great organizations and assist you in finding rewarding and challenging positions with Manitoba's top companies. We believe that you are the basis of our success. Move your career forward with the Pinnacle team.