Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is a leading provider of multifamily housing with apartment units located throughout Western Canada and is looking for an experienced Safety Officer to guide on-site conduct, coordinate and ensure compliance with all safety related provincial and company regulation/codes/policies. The successful candidate must be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays. The Safety Officer must be ready and willing to engage in a variety of safety related duties as required by the Supervisor. Energetic, confident, self-starters, with a strong work ethic are invited to apply.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of provincial safety codes/regulations
· Knowledge of MB Workplace Health &Safetty Act
· Must have minimum Standard First Aid ticket
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Good computer skills with MS Office
· 1-2 years safety experience
· Excellent communication skills, preference will be given to those with conflict management training
· Excellent English speech and written skills
· Provide a safe working eviroment for all employees
· Educate employees of safe work practices
· Investigate accidents, incidents or near misses to determine underlying causes
· Conduct regular onsite hazard inspections
· Enforce all established safety regulations and safe work practices
· Conduct quarterly safety meetings
· Complete and submit all forms in a timely and orderly fashion, including MSDS binder maintenance
We offer competitive wages plus the opportunity for growth and career development within our group of companies.
Please send cover letter and resume with at least 3 references as well as your salary expectations to:
Please quote JOB TITLE and LOCATION on all correspondence.