Due to growth in all areas of our operations SNC Lavalin Environment (SLE), a Division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. has an immediate opening for career-oriented individuals to join our Environmental Team.
* Highly qualified
* Wildly innovated
* Keenly strategic
* Customer focused
* Deeply motivated
* Delivers results
* Highly skilled
....and passionate about your career in the environment sector?
SNC-Lavalin Environment is the environmental division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. (TSX:SNC), a global engineering firm with offices across Canada, in over 35 other countries around the world and currently working in approximately 100 countries.
SNC-Lavalin Environment offers consulting services in the following areas: environmental studies, environmental impact assessments and social impact assessments, habitat assessments and compensation, aquatic life assessments, air quality assessments and green house gas emissions, carbon credits, sustainability, environmental management and planning, geographic information systems, contaminated sites, waste management, mining, water distribution and treatment, pollution control and rural development.
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible, team oriented work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development. By joining SLE, you will have the opportunity for engaging and challenging work projects and to work with and/or learn from senior technical experts and professionals. You will be joining a team of people whose expertise and enthusiasm is the key to our success and who have made our company what it is today
Environnemental Project Managers – Upstream
SUMMARY OF POSITION
If you are an Environmental Project Manager with 6 or more years of experience in contaminated sites, and more specifically, upstream oil and gas work, we have current opportunities available in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Grande Prairie.
Experience and/or education/training relating to Environmental Impact Assessments; habitat and aquatics assessments, plant surveys, soil surveys; permitting and regulatory work; environmental management or environmental monitoring would be a definite asset.
• Developing work plans and budgets and managing projects of moderate complexity.
• Allocation and supervision of junior and technical field staff and technical resources for the completion of projects including evaluation and interpretation of data collected.
• Preparation and/or review (depending on experience) of reports and completion of sound technical recommendations and conclusions.
• Training of junior staff on both office related tasks and field methodologies.
• Supervision of contractors and sub-contractors.
• University degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, geology and/or a related discipline, and P.Ag.
• 6-12 years of relevant environmental project experience, preferably encompassing fieldwork, activities such as soil and groundwater sampling, soil vapour sampling, supervision of drilling and/or excavation.
• Experience with managing environmental or site assessment projects in a consulting environment is preferable
• Ability to multi-task by managing multiple projects at various stages of completion. This includes management of budgets and resources to complete project objectives on time and on budget.
• Experience with upstream oil and gas is preferable.
• Strong verbal and written communicative skills are absolutely essential.
• Demonstrated awareness of industry health and safety practices.
To apply on line:
https://rbcv.snclavalin.com/rbcvpublic/search/jobs/16306 include the title and location of the position you are applying for
Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of Employment Equality.