The Wilderness Committee is seeking a full-time permanent Manitoba Assistant Campaigner (based on 37.5 hours per week) for our field office in Winnipeg.
The Assistant Campaigner is responsible for assisting the Campaign Director with administrative, campaign, outreach, and event planning to support the Wilderness Committee's campaign goals and strategies in the region.
In addition, the Assistant Campaigner supports volunteer recruitment and coordination, coordinating the door-to-door canvass, and basic office operations including correspondence, communications and phone inquiries.
You will be directly responsible for:
· Assisting with writing, editing and fact checking of publications
· Performing research projects, both in the office (internet) and in the field
· Participating in field excursions as necessary, including overnight camping
· Developing and maintaining media and legislative tracking systems
· Assisting with presentations to the public and schools
· Assisting with the planning and coordination of rallies & other public events, attendance at tables & booths, and sales of Wilderness Committee products
· Responding to phone, email and mail inquiries
· Managing our action alert list, including writing content as needed, and performing other communications tasks such as distribution, press releases, media monitoring and contact management
· Assisting with data management, tracking expenditures, basic bookkeeping, payroll, canvass cash outs and reporting
· Other duties as determined by the Manitoba Campaign Director
You will be:
· Passionate about Canada’s wildlife and wild places
· Committed to social causes and movements
· An excellent research, writer and editor, with experience writing for the public, the media and the web
· Experienced in community organizing and public engagement
· A 'people person' with strong relationship building skills
· Comfortable with public speaking and outreach
· Good at basic administrative and financial tasks
· Able to prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadline in a fast-paced office
· A team player able to think outside the box and engage in critical analysis
· Hold a current Manitoba drivers license
Salary range: $2300 per month | Closing Date: Wed. July 6th, 2011, 5 PM CDT
Please send a cover letter and resume with Assistant Campaigner (Manitoba) in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE. We thank all candidates for their interest and regret that only those candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be contacted.