The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; housing; youth; education; human resources; economic development and natural resources.
The MMF seeks to fill one (1) Employment Counselor Position commencing ASAP at the MMF Southeast Regional Office in Grand Marais, MB.
Under the supervision of the LMB Coordinator in consultation with the Regional Executive, the Career Counselor is responsible for the implementation of recruitment & training strategies for successfully referring Metis candidates for full time employment. The Career Counselor provides career counseling and employment referrals to clients registered with the LMB office. The Career Counselor also assists with distribution of regional and community correspondence relating to job opportunities and the development of special projects, meeting, statistical reports, regional and community visits, networking, promoting awareness, counseling, collecting, pre- screening, referral, buddy system and assistance in the formulation of goals and objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge of Metis Culture
· Patience, understanding and the ability to listen non-judgmentally
· Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Minimum two years’ Career Counseling experience and/or Career Counseling Certification.
· Relate positively with a wide variety of clients and the general public.
· Experience with Boards and not-for-profit organizations would be an asset
· Valid Class 5 Manitoba driver’s license
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume.
MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only the individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability and a retirement savings plan. We also offer free scramble parking, access to our fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant.
Please forward covering letter and resume by Monday May 2, 2011 to the MMF Finance Department, 300-150 Henry Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3B 0J7, or fax to (204) 957-1092 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org