With one of North Americaʼs premier outdoor music festivals as its signature event, the Winnipeg Folk Festival is a year-round, not-for-profit organization presenting the best in live music, education, outreach and arts events, as well as operating a retail music store in Winnipegʼs historic Exchange District.
The Winnipeg Folk Festival is seeking an INTERIM Volunteer Resources Associate to join our team. This Associate will support the work of the Manager of Volunteer Resources and will serve as the main contact for a strong volunteer community and will offer support to ongoing projects within the organization.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
· 1 year of professional experience working with festivals or major public events, preferably in volunteer management capacity,
· demonstrated experience working with, inspiring, motivating and rewarding volunteers,
· demonstrated competency in effective communication and team building,
· experience with database management and training,
· conflict management skills,
· good attention to detail, and
· the ability to juggle and organize multiple tasks.
Committed to creating “experiences of discovery and learning through the celebration of people and music,” the Festivalʼs long-term organizational goals are to enhance and develop the current summer festival site, undertake a campaign for both capital and endowment funds, and to help Winnipeg become Folk Capital of Canada.
This position is a 12-month term beginning at the end of March 2011. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Winnipeg Folk Festival offers a fun work environment, and a generous benefits package. Please send resume, cover letter, and a list of references by December 31st, 2010 by 5pm to email@example.com.
For a full job description, please see www.winnipegfolkfestival.ca.