Homeless Outreach Mentor
Main Street Project (MSP)
Full-time Term to March 31, 2011
Project and Position Summary:
Adhering to the principles of “Housing First” the project team will engage with homeless individuals to help them move from street or shelter to transitional or permanent housing. Supports and services will be identified by workers who may accompany and participate with Homeless Individuals receiving services as opposed to just providing referrals to those services. Working with other participating agencies the worker will report to the Program Manager for Client Services, and function as a member of the community Outreach Mentor Team.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Certificate (2 year) in the field of human services, e.g., Housing placement/support, and a minimum of two (2) years related experience working with homeless individuals, or other equivalent combinations of education and experience
· Grade 12 or equivalent and communication skills, both oral and written, with computer proficiency at an intermediate level is required.
· Related case management, assessment, counseling, referral and advocacy experience.
· Knowledge of the effects of homelessness, poverty and our community’s strengths and related issues are essential.
· Working knowledge of Aboriginal culture is considered a asset
· Drivers licence and First Aid, CPR and non-violent crisis intervention are required
$18.69 per hour.
Persons of aboriginal descent and persons with lived experience of homelessness are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter by May 14, 2010 to:
Human Resources Department
Main Street Project Inc.
75 Martha St. Winnipeg, MB. R3B 1A4
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 943-9474